JSIMwiz is the GUI front-end to JMT simulation engine. It allows the solution of open, closed or mixed queuing networks. Arrival rates for open classes and service times for stations can be randomly generated with the following distributions:
- Burst (General)
- Burst (MMPP2)
The following strategies are available for queuing:
- First Come First Served
- First Come First Served with priority
- Last Come First Served
- Last Come First Served with priority
While routing can be specified with the following strategies:
- Fastest service
- Least utilization
- Round robin
- Join the shortest queue (JSQ)
- Shortest response time
Some interesting additional features are:
- Load dependent service time strategies
- Support for parallelism via fork-join components
- Support for finite capacity regions
- Automated support for what-if analysis
- Customization of default values
- Modular architecture based on Java reflection that allows the introduction of new classes into the simulation engine without any modification to other classes code.
- Import/Export to and from JMVA
Users will have an immediate graphical feedback of the selected performance indices during simulation and engine will perform automatic on-line statistical analysis of measured indices to discard initial transient and calculate confidence intervals.
Model definition is guided with a wizard interface.